A recent mailer from PGE reminded us that it might be time for a quick end-of-summer break—especially for any folks who have kids going back to school on August 27. We’ve rounded up a few resources to help you find a destination:
- PGE organizes its parks information based on location: five parks near the Clackamas River, three parks on the Deschutes, and one off the Columbia
- If you’ve got an iOS device, check out this app for Oregon’s swimming holes
- Take a look at Travel Oregon’s collection of itineraries, including a search for scenic byways and some special trips for summer
- Portland Monthly has a few different suggestions, whether you’re looking for a low-key adventure, a car-free jaunt, or a place to get in the water
- If you’re as interested in culture as in scenery, take a drive over to Maryhill Museum, and consider their recommendations for 36 hours in the Gorge or head up into Skamania County
- Or maybe it’s time for 2 Days in Seattle—view curated lists of attractions or map out crowdsourced hot spots, and then create a custom itinerary for yourself
Whatever you do, we hope you enjoy this home stretch of summer!