With so many countertop options out there these days, it’s hard to know where to start. The folks at Remodelista put together a helpful piece Five Questions to Ask When Choosing Your Kitchen Countertops, which suggests you stop and consider the following:
- How will you use your countertops?
- How much maintenance can you handle?
- What are your kitchen requirements?
- What’s your budget?
- What materials speak to you?
It’s well worth reading the full piece, and here are a few more informative articles for your to-read list.
- Houzz, Your Guide to 15 Popular Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Houzz, Kitchen Countertop Materials: 5 More Great Alternatives to Granite
- Houzz, Ecofriendly Materials: Kitchen Countertops
- Remodelista, Butcher Block Countertops
- Remodelista, Concrete Countertops
- Remodelista, Corian Countertops (and the New Corian Look-alikes)
- Remodelista, Engineered Quartz Countertops
- Remodelista, Marble Countertops
- Remodelista, Soapstone Countertops
- Remodelista, Stainless Steel Countertops
- This Old House, All About Quartz Countertops
- This Old House, All About Stone Countertops
- This Old House, Engineered Quartz
- This Old House, Laminate Countertop Buying Guide
- This Old House, The Secret to Getting Great Kitchen Counters
Have questions about what countertop is right for your kitchen? Get in touch!